Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Slow Start

I had a really really great break filled with friends, family and a little R&R, and because of this I am finding it hard to get into the swing of things. It usually takes me a little time to process what I had done the previous semester and where I want to go. With Anne's class, all the things that I have to do for Senior Seminar class, and My BFA show approaching more quickly than they have in the past, I know that I really need to get busy.
This week Miranda, Chris and myself made two barrels of slip. After mixing the dry ingredients and adding the water to one of the barrels of dry mix we realized that it would be much easier if we put the water in the barrel first and slowly add the dry ingredients while mixing. I mean it only took us at least 10 batches of slip to figure this out...lol.
Last semester I made a few molds that I didn't have enough time to make anything from. This will give me a jump start this semester. I have quite a few ideas but I need to weed through them and figure out what which ones will be the most compatible with my theme. I know for sure that I am going to put the bed in the senior show. I put way too much time into it to not display it in my senior show. Plus I am very proud of the way that it came out, which makes it more precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment