Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Uneventful Events

This week has been pretty uneventful. I made a few more skulls and a few more bats. I hope that I have enough extra ones now so I can move on to the next stages. I did a test fire of a bat and a skull to see if there would be any warping and how much shrinkage there would be. The bat only shrank an 3/4 of an inch, and you can't really tell that much around the girth of it. It didn't warp any that I could tell, which is comforting. My plan is to finish firing the rest of the bats and skulls this week so I can start glazing and have them ready for Dan and my space lab show on the 18th of Oct.

I also started spray painting a few of the pill bottles for the "Passed Away Peacefully in his Sleep" piece that I am working on. They came out pretty good but it takes quite a few coats to cover up the writing on the labels. I was thinking about removing the labels, but on the other hand I like the way that they look with the labels. They look more realistic, of course, with the label. I suppose I could try a different kind of spray paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment